Terms & Conditions of Individual or Group Coaching with Matea Teller
1. The terms and conditions below apply to all coaching and mentoring services provided by Matea Teller to any individual or organization (“the client”) and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by Matea Teller for the client. The term ‘coaching’ as here used covers life coaching, love coaching, personal and business coaching for clients and where applicable includes mentoring or supervision services provided for clients, coaches or others.
2. Coaching is not psychological counselling or any type of therapy, and should not be construed as such.
3. In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), Matea Teller agrees to provide the service as described upon their agreement and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
4. The date that the first coaching session takes place shall be deemed to be the start date for the service. Participation by any individual in the first coaching session constitutes, as well as making their first payment, acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Responsibility & Commitment
1. Matea Teller will seek to enable the client to set and achieve goals that will help to bring about desired outcomes for the client. The client has sole responsibility for any decisions they may make following coaching with Matea Teller. Matea Teller accepts no liability for the client’s actions. Matea Teller has no liability for any loss incurred by any client, whether financial or otherwise, following commencement of coaching sessions, or for any perceived failure by the client, whether justified or otherwise, to achieve a material improvement in quality of life or to achieve their desired outcomes or goals.
2. The client will be required to complete a ‘Commitment to Coaching’ form at the commencement of coaching; the client will be asked if they are ready to take action to make the necessary changes.
1. Personal information or business information given to Matea Teller by the client in coaching sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save where required by law.
2. Matea Teller will respect the client’s privacy and seek written permission before disclosing they are a client by their name. The client’s name, picture or video will only be shared with their permission. Conversely, if permission is not granted, Matea Teller reserves the full rights to share their success story or their challenges, without revealing their identity.
3. Matea Teller requires that the client provide an emergency contact name and telephone number, to be used only in the event of an emergency, such as sudden illness or accident.
Clarity & Style
1. Matea Teller will discuss with the client their preferred style of coaching. The client has the right to talk openly and candidly with their coach, and the client is encouraged to discuss any concerns they have with Matea Teller on any area of the coaching process. Matea Teller welcomes openness and honesty.
2. Feedback about the service is welcomed and can be given during a coaching session or by writing to Matea Teller via email to matea@ mateateller.com
3. Matea Teller is continually striving to ensure the standard of service it provides to its clients remains outstanding. At the end of the coaching process, or series of coaching sessions, the client will be asked to complete a feedback form.
1. The coaching schedule will be arranged between Matea Teller and the client and can be booked up to 3 months in advance. Matea Teller will recommend the frequency of coaching sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted throughout the coaching journey by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement.
2. The number of coaching session will be agreed at the start of coaching between Matea Teller and the client. Where no specific number is agreed sessions will be provided on a session by session basis. Due to the nature of coaching, the minimum number of recommended sessions is three. In that case, a full payment is due before or at the first session. Additional sessions can be booked thereafter. If the coaching is three or six months long, a payment plan can be set up between Matea Teller and the client. In that case, the first installment is due to be payed before the first session.
3. The length of each session is usually 1 hour but can be agreed between Matea Teller and the client at the commencement of the session.
4. Coaching will take place between the client and their coach face-to-face (venue by mutual agreement), via Skype or Zoom application (client calls coach or coach calls client), or by telephone (client calls coach). Face-to-face coaching will take place in the offices of Matea Teller or at a mutually agreed venue. Where coaching takes place at a mutually agreed venue the client will be liable for any costs incurred by Matea Teller at that time. Unless otherwise agreed, the client is responsible for telephoning Matea Teller at agreed times.
5. Matea Teller may assign the client tasks or exercises to complete between coaching sessions. There is no obligation on the client to complete these tasks, but not doing so may slow the client’s progress in gaining improved quality of life or achieving desired personal outcomes. Where possible, clients are requested to submit any information requested by Matea Teller relating to assignments at least 24 hours before the coaching session when they are to be discussed. Matea Teller will provide feedback on completed assignments during coaching sessions.
6. The client may contact Matea Teller by phone or email between sessions to share a success or seek clarification on a coaching issue. Support between sessions is seen by Matea Teller as a necessary part of the coaching process. Matea Teller will always advise a client in advance if the nature of a client’s contact is likely to incur an additional charge, and no such charges will be imposed without the client’s agreement.
Cancellation & Rearranging Sessions
1. If the client needs to rearrange a coaching session, they should provide at least 48 hours’ notice with a reason why. No refunds will be given to clients for unused coaching sessions unless 48 hours’ notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances Matea Teller may need to rearrange a coaching session; in these circumstances Matea Teller will use reasonable endeavors to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment the client.
2. Where a client pays for a session, or sessions, in advance they must have the coaching session(s) that they have paid for within 2 months of the payment, or their fee is forfeited.
3. The client may terminate their coaching contract at any time in writing. Any monies owed at the time of cancellation will become due immediately. For payed sessions, past or future ones, no refunds will be made. In specific circumstances, refunds on payments made against future sessions will be at the discretion of Matea Teller.
4. In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or unavailability due to bereavement or other commitments, inappropriate behaviour by the client, actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, Matea Teller can decide to terminate the service to the client early or refuse or be unable to provide further coaching sessions to the client. In such a circumstance the client will be given reasonable notice of termination by Matea Teller where practicable, and will be refunded any advance payments made for coaching sessions not yet provided.
5. There may be occasions when Matea Teller may recommend to the client that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event Matea Teller will fully discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the client. It is the client’s sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the recommendation and Matea Teller does not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the client chooses to make.